can bus xtreme

Poseidon

46 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

how can I now use the steering as a digital input that is taken into account at idle speed?

I told you right at the beginning there is no way to use a CAN parameter for power steer idle step.  In the E46 that I done idle ign control took care of it fine.

Only 4 degs authority will not give you much increase in torque.  Try it more retarded at normal idle so you can push in more advance when torque increase is needed.  Something like 0RPM = 5 or 8deg.  -100RPM = 18deg, -150RPM = 25deg. 

The S54 throttles work nicer with a more retarded idle too.

4 hours ago, Poseidon said:

Works great
how can I now use the steering as a digital input that is taken into account at idle speed?
i need that for traction control

If you have a spare aux out and a spare digital in you can connect them together and setup a condition based on steering ROC that triggers the DI for PS idle up.  

HTH, 

Richard. 

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

The S54 throttles work nicer with a more retarded idle too.

installed an m54b30 engine, not the s54b32
24 minutes ago, Richard Hill said:

If you have a spare aux out and a spare digital in you can connect them together and setup a condition based on steering ROC that triggers the DI for PS idle up.  

don't understand how to set it up

On 2/7/2020 at 11:32 AM, Poseidon said:

don't understand how to set it up

Wire the spare aux out directly to the spare digital input in a loop (I have used aux1 and di1)

Change your CAN input variable from steering ROC to a spare CAN TC Cyl input (temporary variable that can be acted on by a GP Output)

Setup the aux and di as below and change the switch condition to the ROC threshold you want to trigger the power steering idle up.  

image.png.41ed5a106d7e6068aebcc136ce90949d.png

HTH,

Richard.