Speed and Gear Calc

Guest |202|

Guest |202|

So thanks to the last batch of upgrades I can now get speed reading accurately. My speed calibration number is somewhere in the 3600 range.

After setting speed, I then went on to set my gears...and ran into a problem.

I'm just attempting to set them manually so driving in 1st I watch the freq value in runtime digital. For first gear I see a value of 9.3. Attempt to enter it into the gear calc table and get an error message:

"Value of Data:803 at MemAddr:243 is out of range"

What gives? Any hints?

Have just tried this on 4.8.1 VTS and firmware and it works on the bench.

What Firmware and VTS are you running. A copy of your map could be handy as I can then get the setup exactly the same.

Guest |202|

Using the latest VTS and firmware. Just did the firmware upgrade yesterday.

I'll try again today. Perhaps I got an error because I think I was logging at the time. I'm not sure if that would have created an issue but it's the only thing I can think. Failing that I'll send you my file. To which email?

Guest |202|

Okay, just tested it again...no luck.

I also attempted to make the changes offline in a new file and them upload the new file to the box, but when processing is still gives me a series of errors, one for each of my gear values that seems to be above the value of 3.

Simon/Ray...emailing my file to [email protected]

I can confirm you are correct. We will have to investigate further to find the course.

Currently the maximum ratio is 2.96

What is the application as a gear ratio of 9 is super low gearing.

Guest |202|

Well, this is a T56 trans from a camaro and a 240sx rear 4.08 diff. Nothing long about any of that.

What's interesting is before I did the firmware upgrade and set the speed, the gear ratio/freq I was seeing for first gear was 2.69 (a bit more realistic no?)

Does the speed calibration value have any impact on the frequency value used by gear calc?

2.69 would be far closer to what I would expect to see.

Also would have expected the ratios to stay the same.

Do you by chance know the number of teeth the speed sensor is seeing as 3600 is a very large number for the cal.

The biggest concern is the 3600 cal number. This is too high.

The frequency is too much for the DI input.

Suspect you will have a 40 tooth wheel and will need to find a 17 tooth. Another option is to fit a frequency reducer that I think Ray can offer.

To allow the ratios to be entered higher than 2.69 you will need to go in to the ECU calculated mode and turn off the Normalise Ratio Table.

Then you can go back to user defined and enter values.

Guest |202|

Okay, took your advice and turned the normalizing off in ecu defined. Took the car out, re-entered/re-learned the gear freq values...and bam. Works like a dream. Confirmed that gear value is being sent to Racepak...Perfect.

Thanks Simon for your support on this one...case closed