ECU Hold Power

Guest |955|

I have a PNP adaptor for a 2jz non-vvti

Trying to verify if the ECU Hold Power is actually working. I have my laptop connected and when I turn the key off I would expect to see the ECU online on the laptop for a couple seconds, however I'm not seeing that nor am I getting a message in the logs about ECU Hold Power becoming active.

I have verified the settings with what Ray posted in the past but I just don't think it's working like it should. Can you guys give me some test points to see of this is actually working?

Thanks!!

So I think I know what's wrong. I will be verifying this weekend hopefully.

The problem I think is that I don't have power at ping B5 for the Aux9 ECU Hold Power option. In looking at the schematics for the PNP Harness and double checking what pins I had populated on my harness, I realized that I had read that Ray developed this on his motor and harness.... which happen to be a J-Spec Aristo harness.

So I looked at a spreadsheet from an earlier build I did. I mapped out the Aristo ECU a while back because I needed to use the ECU in my 87 Supra w/ a 1JZ (since the stock ECU died on me). Anyways.... low and behold I found something.....

Where Ray had mapped the B5 (+12v switched) to the Supra E10-32 I didn't have a wire there. Looked at the Aristo ECU pinout/harness and there is a wire there. Referenced it and it was a +12v Switched. Ah-HA! :) According to the U-Spec wiring diagrams, the Supra E10-32 pin is for 97+ Non-Turbo Autos (Power Steering Switch).

I realize that this doesn't solve anything and don't expect anything.... but more wanted to post up here my findings in-case others are having the issues with the PNP harness and ECU Hold Power.

I will post my conclusions here when I get a chance to look at this and test the theory out with my multimeter.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue and had to send mine back to John Reed to repair. It is not the vipec, it is the adapter harness that was incorrectly pinned. Here is John's quote:

"The reason that the hold power wasn’t working is the ViPEC adapter had it coming in on a different pin than specified in the pin out and base map. Took me a bit of tracking down to figure out what was going on with that, none of it actually made any sense! Helps when the circuit board is all setup right (or instructions to match). All fully tested/setup now, which is the reason I had to move some of the other stuff around as that wasn’t pinned right either. "

Sorry if this doesnt directly answer your question. But it at least will tell you that it needs to be looked at. I am sure everyone knows John Reed Racing if you want to contact him on this issue. It was VERY frustrating for us in the beginning as our issue was the car never shut down and every morning the battery was dead. So our issue is slightly different.

Stu