CanBus problems

Guest |994|

I have some problems with communication between Vipec V44 and my Racepak dashlogger.

The problem is that i can`t read any values and it seems that the ECU don`t broadcast any values on the CAN port.

When i do the setup of the Can Communication in the Vipec software it alerts that ECU with seial number before SN 10000 is not CAN compatible.

My software states the SN number on my ECU to be 3657.

Is this the problem?

If so, is there a software/hardware fix to make the ECU Can compatible??

Thanks

Ok, so my communication problem can easily be related to the fact that I have an old version ECU!?!

Since I am an electronic engineer I must ask, is the hardware fix something that I could carry out if you give me the spesifications on the mod??

(since the ecu is old i guess the warranty subject is not an issue)

Of course i understand if you don`t want customers to preform the mod, but due to my time schedule I must ask ;)

If need to send it to you, what is the delivery time for preforming the mod??

• 1 month later...

I'm currently experiencing problems configuring CAN on a V88 ecu.

I've recently updated the ecu firmware to 4.8.8, & the ecu serial is 11341. The vts software gives the error that the feature is unavailable for the ecu's current firmware, update the firmware & try again.

From what I understand, the ecu should be CAN capable, is this correct? I'd like to be able to configure the ecu to communicate with the can pins on an ELM327 (OBDII) bluetooth dongle to provide a digital display on a smartphone.

Many Thanks,

Guest Dave-Kriedeman

ECU's post 10 000 serial number are Can compatible.

I have just finished setting up a V44 with Motec SDL3 Dash and it works fine.

Did you get the error when you have enabled the Can Bus under ECU Controls, CAN Configuration.

If so, i think that the message that pops up in the middle of the screen after configuring Can is a standard message, i could be wrong however.

I got the message coming up in the middle of my screen after setting up the Can Config for the Motec Dash.

I ignored it and continued with my setup procedure and all works fine.

The warning i get is,

ECU may not be Can compatible.

Check serial is past 10 000

ECU may corrupt data being transmitted on Can

Or something along those lines from memory.