AIM Solo2 Custom Can stream

Heags86

Hey, 

had a go myself here but in all honesty a little over my head, works perfect with the can bus base, 

would like a custom can stream to suit the solo2dl, currently using the link can bus base but need some more data displayed on the dash coolant pressure and ethanol content, and a few extra temps . did you have an editable version of the link can bus base from the aim side? or will i need to start from scratch

many thanks 

I find the best way to do it is usually in the Link end keep the "MXS Stream" as it already has the bulk of the channels that you would need, then send a separate stream (on a different ID) that has the extra channels you want to send. 

In the AIM End you set up a custom receive template that receives both of these ID's the Link in sending.

I have attached a CAN template for RS3, import this and open for editing, This has the 13 frames that are sent in the MXS stream, and if you scroll to the bottom of it you will see an extra row added with an ID of 0x44C (1100) with 3 EGT channels.  You can just delete these and add your own.

Once you have added the channels you want, save it and go to your dash config, click on change ECU and browse to the Link category - you will have a new custom template in there.  It will popup with a screen about renaming channels - I suggest you uncheck the box that says "keep old names" and just click cancel or ignore down the bottom.  I have named the channels I think better than AIM did.

Set up in the Link will look like below, with MXS stream on the normal ID1000, and a user stream on ID1100.

8eFgvfz.png

LINK_Link custom V1 _@20200811_085745_006642.xc1

Ok, try these.

Note in the dash the fuel consumption channel I have assigned units as "ml/s" since AIM dont have cc/min, but I didnot scale it to read in ml/s, to me I dont think that will mean much to most people - So it will still read in cc/min.

New CAN.pclr LINK_Heags86_@20200920_091942_007219.xc1

works perfectly! Thankyou for all the help!

One question is there a was to show fuel burn per minute?  like an average? or even fuel burn per lap (using lap time as fuel burn) or fuel burn over engine run time? obviously it can show current fuel burn, but is there a way to calculate this in the AIM software as a math channel? 

Ryan  

2 hours ago, Heags86 said:

One question is there a was to show fuel burn per minute?  like an average? or even fuel burn per lap (using lap time as fuel burn) or fuel burn over engine run time? obviously it can show current fuel burn, but is there a way to calculate this in the AIM software as a math channel? 

Unfortunately no.  There is this type of functionality coming in G4X, but not possible in G4+.  The dash doesnt have the advanced math required either at this time.