Fault code 43

David Anstis

I am running my G4X with a Honda K20A. I have recently had it tuned. There were a couple of minor wiring issues, that were sorted on the day. 

I plugged my laptop in too check my radiator fan, as it wouldn't come on. I pulled the temp sender plug off, which I thought would make the fan switch on. But nothing. Although I have code #43 coming up. 

I have attached three photos below. The photos are the same, apart from the writing in red at the top. They also show a fault with the VVT and VTEC.

IMG20201025144239.jpg

IMG20201025144236.jpg

IMG20201025144232.jpg

Error code 43 is just because you had the temp sensor unplugged.  When it is unplugged the temp will default to whatever temp you have set as the fault value - so that doesnt necessarily mean above you fan activation temp.

To test your fan you can go to the engine fan settings and use the aux test function that is just below the relevant fan output setting.

The other two errors are just warnings that showed in old firmware - update to the latest firmware and clear the errors and they will be gone.

For the VVT you will need to give us a log and a copy of your tune.