Wheel speed signal with VEMS

Paschalis

On 11/15/2020 at 11:15 PM, Paschalis said:

Finally it was the pin3 (reset) that after all needed to be connected to GND too, maybe this is a change in the last version of theirs!! I dont know but seems to be working flawlessly now!

I've installed this in the car a few years ago but didn't work on the car for a few years and i decided to finally finish it these few weeks now. Today i planned to fix this abs vr sensor to link issue, i doubled checked everything and even captured a log of the input and output of the oscillorscope. Then i thought something is not write as the output was a small pulse with the desired frequency output. I've re-checked the installation sheet and saw the note about pin 3..turns out like you it was the issue all along.

For reference is a nissan s13, abs vr front div/4, rear propshaft div/8, auto (adaptive mode) aka no solder blob. With the car on jacks and 1st gear, rear VR sensor outputs 1V peak to peak. So adaptive mode is fine. Also before even though it was not working i was getting some signal every now and then. Even though i twisted the extension wires (about 20cm) they were causing interfierence. I shielded the pairs separately to ground, now everything is 100% good.