LOW logging rate

Guest |229|

Guest |229|

Hi.

I have a really low loggin rate! Has been like this for the last few updates, in the beginnning it was fast, but after the big update, that changed the look to what it is now it has been this low: 4 - 8 HZ. Usually it sits around 4- 5HZ. Cable goes diretly to computer, not close to any power wires.

This is a big problem! Will it be solved? Is there anything I can do to change it?

You can try increasing the priority rating of the program through task manager.

If you go to the processes tab and right click on the VTS software and increase its priority.

It might help speed it up.

• 8 months later...

Same here, 6 to 15hz.

Is there anything else I can do to speed this up?

I test 3 different laptops (core2d 2ghz,Pentium m ,atom 1,5) with xp and win 7 no big difference.

To set a higher priority works only on xp 10-15hz.

Best results 13-15hz when I create a empty tab with no gauges.

We have been doing a bit of work on the connection speed, and feedback so far from dealers with the pre release software has been promising.

We are still ironing out some issues so not sure at this stage when there will be a public release.

Having a basic layout with out the 3d graph or log plotting will give the best results on the current release.

Yes, i have noticed that i get the best logging rate with a new emty layout.

But even so i get no more as 16Hz in the green box calculated.

If i use a layout with many gauges it drops to 7Hz.

if gauges on the UI hurt the logging rate then something is really wrong .. makes no sense what so ever :D

its hard to even think up scenarios where this might be happening, only thing that i can think of is that

the stream logs all the stuff from the ECU that is defined to be logged and the gauges then query their data

separately. which would be pretty silly way to implement the gauges.

How many parameters are you guys logging.

I was logging a customers car yesterday while he was driving around town and on the highway.

My logging rate was at 37.6 Hz.

I was logging 8 parameters, i have 13 different pages on my layout which are very heavily populated with guages etc.

@ Dave It makes now difference how many paramters i logged. I get the 16Hz with logging off and one emty tab.(the calculated value in the upper right corner) Can you post your laptop and ECU specs (OS/CPUTYPE/GHz/RAM and the comport settings in the devicemanager of windows,Type of ecu and firmware vers)

I think it was an older firmware,the firmware/software before the gui redesign was much faster for logging.

My Laptop is a Toshiba Satalite, i am using Windows 7 32 bit.

CPU is i5 520 M, Dual channel 4 Gig Ram.

625 GB TOSHIBA HARD DRIVE.

My laptop is for tuning only, so i have no extra software on it, other than different brands of ECU tuning software.

I am only using 18% of it's storage.

I use FULL POWER settings, all power saving modes disabled, especially on the USB PORTS.

The ECU i was tuning is a new release V44 PNP to suit an R33 GTST Skyline, the new V44 PNP has a V88 topboard in it,

The Firmware/Software i am using is current Dealer Test software, not available as yet to the public.

However when i was using the current public 4.9.3 F/S i never took any notice of the connection speed as i never had any issues logging and tuning on many customers vehicles.