G4X method to control auto trans up and downshifts.

DanielCPG

Hello. 

Looking to see if anyone can design some logic for my application. 

The short story is Ive got a 4 speed auto trans that has been modified to Shift Up a single gear by grounding a wire and shifts down one gear by grounding another wire. 

I am using a pcs push button shift module between ecu and trans

I want to get an output to make the trans shift from 1 2 3 4 / 4 3 2 1 automaticcaly based on tps/speed. 

I was thinking to make a table that with tps and speed as the axis and the value in the table being the desired gear. 

Then use the output of that table as an axis of another table to trigger shifts. 

Keen to see if it can be done

Is there any way for it to know what gear it is currently in?  Does it always start in 1st when powered up?  Does it always need to go back to 1 when stopped?

Im busy for a couple of days but might be able to have a play around on the bench in the weekend.

The unit monitor and display the commanded gear.

I have emailed then to see if i can get the can information as i believe they can intergrate with there own modules. 

When put in drive the unit starts in 4th. 

I can see it would be problematic syncing the links expected gear to the units unless we can transmit it accross somehow

https://www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com/Performance_Aftermarket/Products/Electronic_Shifters/Push_Button_Shifter/