COP Conversion

Kyle879

Hey Guys,

I've been wanting to do a COP Conversion on my 1993 Nissan Pulsar GTiR. The car currently uses a dizzy with a single coil. I'd be looking at either using the existing dizzy with a different wheel or a crank trigger (depending on what is recommend). I'm running the g4X. I'm just looking for some more information on creating the actual loom and what not. What sensors should be plugged into what and what ecu readings should be wired into what.

Generally I'm pretty good with electrical and wiring, but cannot for the life of me work out what needs to be done. Appreciate any input or to be pointed in the right direction. The car is currently in pieces and I'm re-doing the wiring loom so this is something I'll need to take into consideration.

Cheers,

Kyle

4 hours ago, Adamw said:

You can keep the stock dizzy for the trigger or an aftermarket trigger like the taarks cam trigger is often a decent improvement on an SR20.

What ecu do you have?

Yeah I was leaning to just using the trigger kit inside the existing dizzy. The tuner is talking about a crank trigger to ensure greater accuracy (??). I'm more unsure what inputs the sensor needs to be wired into and what outputs do I use for the harness/how would I set it up.

I'm running the s15 g4x that has had some pins changed as the gtir is a bit different.

With the Nissan cas you get quite a bit of spark scatter at high rpm especially with performance cams/valve springs, so it.  Is something to consider.

Most aftermarket trigger kits would be wired into the factory CAS wiring.  

For coils you just connect 1 to each of the ignition outputs 1-4 on the main header.

1 minute ago, Adamw said:

With the Nissan cas you get quite a bit of spark scatter at high rpm especially with performance cams/valve springs, so it.  Is something to consider.

Most aftermarket trigger kits would be wired into the factory CAS wiring.  

For coils you just connect 1 to each of the ignition outputs 1-4 on the main header.

Yeah that's what the tuner was saying. I know Ross to a crank trigger kit or there is a Taarks trigger kit that goes on the exhaust cam.

Yeah after looking into it a bit more today I think I've worked it out for signal. The GTiR doesn't use the trigger 2,3,4 outputs. So I would just pin those on the ecu plug? What will be the best place to pull power from? And ground placement.