Crank enrichment ms

link_user

Where does the  G4X look for injector opening times in ms when cranking? No matter what I try to modify It always shows around 10ms when cranking. 

Master fuel is set at 12ms, it idles at 3ms at 14:1 , fuel table value at 0 and 500rpm is 27.

I went from 5 to 20ms in Pre-crank prime table.
In First crank prime, between 50% and 200%
Crank enrichment table between 150% and 300%

All at same temperature, engine warmed up around 70degree Celsius.

After all possible combinations are tried it moves maybe to 9ms when cranking. Engine has some problems starting so I would like to fine tune the engine starting.  No matter what I modify, cranking ms does not move more than 10%.  Throttle is not touched when cranking (idle speed control takes care of that) if I give it some throttle it will go to 20ms or more when cranking (TPS based map) as the fuel map values go to 40  and 70 with full throttle .

With the G4+ I could see cranking pulsewidths changing with cranking tables mods.

bmw_e36test.pclx

I suggest you do an ECU log as it has higher priority during start up, PC logging will potentially miss the first couple of seconds, and or not get much data. You cant log pre-crank prime or first crank enrich as far as I know but the general crank enrichment and the other enrichments you should be able to capture.   

Make sure you are looking at effective PW, not actual PW too.  

There is a around 10% difference between effective and actual PW. Since the car has a hard time starting I'm looking at cranking pw of around 10ms for 5 , 10 or even more seconds.   Then after the engine starts if will fall down to  5 , 4, 3 ms  as is goes through the post start tables.

So I need to know what tables have some effect on this cranking pw that can go on for minutes (untill the battery has enough power) until the engine starts. It seems none of the before mentioned tables and changes to them have any meaningful effect on cranking pw.   

Any suggestion  at what tables should I look would be appreciated. 

3 hours ago, link_user said:

There is a around 10% difference between effective and actual PW

The difference between effective and actual is the injector dead time.  So at small PW's the difference will be large and at large PW the difference will be less. 

The cranking enrichment table will directly effect the cranking PW (effective) as a percent adder.