V7-9 WRX G4X Wiring Questions

Arktikpenguin

Hey guys, I've had my ecu for a couple months now and have just been tinkering until warm weather arrives to drive the car and tune it. I've been finishing up wiring in my Continental Flex Fuel Sensor, and a potential clutch switch and just have 3 quick questions.

For the Flex Fuel Sensor: 

For ecu ground and 14v power, I used pins E4 and E5 per the ecu pinout as my TGVs on my USDM vehicle are deleted. My flex fuel sensor shouldn't read properly until after startup and after the lockout time (10s), correct? Ive only cycled my key to on without starting, as my fuel lines aren't connected but noticed my fuel temp reads as 392°F.

Also, what settings should I use for the Continental Flex Fuel Sensor? I have the internal pull-up turned on since that seems correct, and active edge is falling. Hoping these are proper. 

For the Clutch Switch:

I've deleted cruise control and could use the upper Cruise Control Switch on the clutch pedal as a DI for Flat Foot Shifting, or so I think? At first I clipped the YG wire and wired that as DI 8, expecting it to ground out upon pressing my clutch pedal to no avail. I tried turning the cruise control button on my dash to on and gave it a shot thinking that could help, still no dice. Am I better off cutting the YR wire to this switch and just running it to a ground to complete this circuit easily as a clutch switch with YG as DI 8 still?

My wire colors are taken from the 02 USDM WRX wiring manual, so YG is Yellow-Green and YR is Yellow-Red. 

Any help is appreciated, I'm just making sure I wire things properly and do it right the first time! Cheers!

33 minutes ago, Arktikpenguin said:

For the Flex Fuel Sensor: 

For ecu ground and 14v power, I used pins E4 and E5 per the ecu pinout as my TGVs on my USDM vehicle are deleted. My flex fuel sensor shouldn't read properly until after startup and after the lockout time (10s), correct? Ive only cycled my key to on without starting, as my fuel lines aren't connected but noticed my fuel temp reads as 392°F.

Also, what settings should I use for the Continental Flex Fuel Sensor? I have the internal pull-up turned on since that seems correct, and active edge is falling. Hoping these are proper. 

Yep E4 & E5 are fine.  Try swapping the active edge should solve the temp issue.  It should read correctly with just ignition on - just the reading doesnt have any effect on the tune until after the lockout time.  

45 minutes ago, Arktikpenguin said:

I've deleted cruise control and could use the upper Cruise Control Switch on the clutch pedal as a DI for Flat Foot Shifting, or so I think? At first I clipped the YG wire and wired that as DI 8, expecting it to ground out upon pressing my clutch pedal to no avail. I tried turning the cruise control button on my dash to on and gave it a shot thinking that could help, still no dice. Am I better off cutting the YR wire to this switch and just running it to a ground to complete this circuit easily as a clutch switch with YG as DI 8 still?

Yes, that will be the easiest way out, just ground the YR permanently, switch the pull-up on on the DI.  Its hard to tell how the original circuit worked in the factory manual.  

Appreciate the info Adam, I went ahead and swapped the active edge to Rising Edge which fixed my temp issue as you said! I also put the YR wire to Ground and turned the pull-up resistor on for the Clutch switch and it works perfectly!! I appreciate your help immensely!!