Can anyone make anything of this? - Odd idle at cold start

jigga009

20 minutes ago, Rozsko said:

Just out of curiosity, did you manage to bring her back to "normal" life?

Pretty much. 

I was able to solve it by fixing any and all leaks in the intake and exhaust manifold, replacing v-band clamps, ensuring that intake and exhaust cam gears lined up (purchased the RCM eccentric idlers for this), and once I ruled out other issues with the ignition and fuel system, I then added a few percent of fuel throughout the fuel table to start compensating for the cams, and adjusting the cylinder fuel trim in order to dial things in further. Oh... I also replaced those cracked cam gears with fresh units.  The car now starts and idles properly. 

Next item on the list is to dial the fuelling in using mixture map. Before doing this though, I am upgrading the battery wiring on the car in order to reduce voltage drop in the starting and charging system as much as possible,  as my CanLambda would give error codes when it saw low battery voltage due to the current inrush when the starter motor was engaged. 

I'll get it all sorted eventually.. just need the time to get to it.

Are you having similar issues?

1 hour ago, jigga009 said:

Are you having similar issues?

Good to know you figured it all out.

I have a little bit of misfire at idle, but I just asked only because I accidentally tripped into you topic and was quite an interesting read without a final solution.