Launch Control and Gear Cut Parameter interfearance

matthewe2108

Hello Vipec and fellow tuners,

I have recenctly installed a Motorsports Systems Gearknob Strain Guage, I also have a Launch Control setup in my Vipec V88 that is set to -10.0 Degree Ign Trim and a RPM limit of 7200RPM, only when I upload the Gear Cut Control Parameters my launch control goes haywire. The Ign Trim Activation RPM on the Launch Control than becomes the hard limit and my Ignition Timing on the Data log constantly changes from -10 Retard to 25 degree advance back and fourth. I cant see how any of the Strain Guage Parameters could interfear as they only activate when that specific Digital input is turned on when I pull on the gear stick. My engine builder has recommended getting the latest Firmware installed.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Regards Matt

• 8 months later...
I would definitely start by getting the latest firmware installed.

If still no luck if you email your map through we can try to replicate the issue on the bench.

Hi Simon,

Its been awhile, when I was down in brisbane last year for the Jamboree I got Mark Jacobson to tune my car and upload the latest firmware. I am still having issues with this Ign Trim Activation being my hard limit lauch RPM, what email can I send this tune and log too?

regards Matt

Racebred Enterprises