bnr34 with prp trigger kit 12-1

d-worxs danny

hey boys this what's happening car starts fine but after engine running and warm warm i notice trigger1 error start count

would that meams the sensor its seem extra tooth on the count? or bad sensor?

the other issue is pc link disconect it self from ecu while i'm attempt to start the engine and sometimes while it running

any tough would be apreciatte thanks

Your voltage on trigger 1 (crank sensor) is too low - only about 2.0V.  It should be more like 4-5V.  This means it sometimes doesnot meet the arming threshold so some teeth are ignored.  

In the pic below, the blue trace (Trigger Scope 1) is the actual signal coming in on the ecu pin.  The white trace above it (trig 1 signal) is the signal being sent to the micro after the trigger circuit has processed it.  It should rise when the arming threshold has been exceded and fall when the low threshold is reached.  There should be a white "tooth" of about the same width above every blue tooth if the signal is good.  You can see in some areas the trig 1 signal never rises so this means the arming threshold was not met - this means the micro receives less teeth than it is expecting and throws the trigger error.

Try turning the pull-up on if it is not currently on.  

LLrohmc.png

It is not a ground issue.  It could potentially be a wiring issue I guess, if some sensors are mis-wired they will sink a lot more current on the signal pin.  

Can you show us how the crank sensor is wired to the factory loom.

Your wiring kind of looks ok.  Its still odd that the cam sensor goes to 3.5V but the crank sensor only goes to 2V, when they are the same type of sensor connected to the same supply.  

9 hours ago, daniel stf said:

Adam  i might find out the problem here under runtime values i find the 5V out (V) reading at 5.03V  but no fault code show on pc link 

under the help menu fault code 74 its 5V supply error 

5.03V is perfectly fine.  

The next thing I would do is add a 1.5Kohm pull-up resistor between the 12V and trig 1 wire, something like pic below.  

9HYqDTK.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i did add a resistor and solved the issue for few weeks but the problem came back so i replace the cam cherry sensor and remove the resistor to see how it does and never had problems since look like bad sensor 

maybe my previous wiring job was not to good and damage the sensor?

or maybe it just went bad on its own?

not sure but the problem its solved