Rescaling Map for 2JZGTE VVT-i Supra

KEVLEX

Hello,

I have a 2001 Supra 2JZ-GTE with VVT-i with a Vipec V88. I am having some trouble rescaling the fuel and timing maps to go up to 450 kpa and also rescaling the maps to go up to 9500rpm. When I try to rescale it says I am entering incorrect values and needs to stay between 0 - 300 kpa. Can I email the map to somebody to try and help me rescale the map or show me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks, Kevin

Hi Kevin

If you update to 4.9.3 it will resolve the RPM maximum on the axis configuration allowing up to 20000

The maximum map value will still be an issue until the next firmware release.

Here are a few things that we are running on the car: Stock 3.0 2JZ, Garrett GTX4508 BB Turbo, Nitrous 75 shot dry for spool controlled by Vipec, BC Cams 272 for VVT-i, E85 Fuel, 1600cc injectors, Weldon 2345 Fuel Pump, Factory 6 speed Trans w/ RPS Strapless Triple Carbon Clutch. A fully built 3.3L 2JZ will be going in the car in the near future. Right now we cannot go past 350 kpa because it runs off the map and we also can't rev past 8000 safely. Once we get the fuel and ignition maps rescaled, we are trying for around 9xx rwhp with the current stock motor and with the new motor somewhere around 1150 rwhp. We are trying to get the Vipec Knock Control also, so we can have that setup as an input into the V88, but I don't know that much details on how it works as yet.

- Kevin

Here are a few things that we are running on the car: Stock 3.0 2JZ, Garrett GTX4508 BB Turbo, Nitrous 75 shot dry for spool controlled by Vipec, BC Cams 272 for VVT-i, E85 Fuel, 1600cc injectors, Weldon 2345 Fuel Pump, Factory 6 speed Trans w/ RPS Strapless Triple Carbon Clutch. A fully built 3.3L 2JZ will be going in the car in the near future. Right now we cannot go past 350 kpa because it runs off the map and we also can't rev past 8000 safely. Once we get the fuel and ignition maps rescaled, we are trying for around 9xx rwhp with the current stock motor and with the new motor somewhere around 1150 rwhp. We are trying to get the Vipec Knock Control also, so we can have that setup as an input into the V88, but I don't know that much details on how it works as yet.

- Kevin

Thanks for the specs kevin, it sounds like a great setup, actually the current one is lot like my last years setup, except the fact that you have a proper turbo and i have something from an old scania truck ;)

I had troubles with the 1600cc injectors in getting the idle and low load areas smooth enough, so switched to 2000cc EV14 and they been working great for me. Also managed to slap a piece of a piston skirt loose with the std bottom end and around 600rwhp.

Which valve springs are you guys running on that thing for the revs ? Also are you running hard lifters? I don't like how the shim plate is located on top of the lifter on these things..

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...