Cruise Set Speed - 40kph on startup

ThatDamnRanga

I was doing some CAN config diagnostics and noticed something... odd. Cruise Set Speed is 40kph, from the very second CAN message after the ECU starts up.

I have validated this in PCLink

image.png.5d00b8bbc5deb90cff8de8b2205620ad.png

The ECU is yet to be installed in the vehicle, so cruise is definitely neither enabled, nor set. This should be a value of either 0 or 0xFF as a result.

The CAN data is reading the exact same as PCLink in this case so I haven't posted the log.

Does this have any significance (other than confusing my custom dash readout)?

Changing cruise minimum down to 10kph does not change the value.

Running latest firmware.

Cruise status is showing enabled in your log.  I suspect you dont have the CAN device connected that sends the CAN DI 13/14/15/16 message?  If no CAN is received the CAN DI will timeout into fault condition.  So that is the root cause.

However, I dont think it still should enable cruise when faulted so I will get that looked at.

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

Cruise status is showing enabled in your log.  I suspect you dont have the CAN device connected that sends the CAN DI 13/14/15/16 message?  If no CAN is received the CAN DI will timeout into fault condition.  So that is the root cause.

However, I dont think it still should enable cruise when faulted so I will get that looked at.

Correct, yeah the module that will handle those signals hasn't been designed or built yet. The other thing I find kinda... strange? Is that I'm sending the lights as a single bit as per Subaru standards, but the ECM uses 0 for off, 1 for active, and >1 for fault conditions. I'm slightly concerned weirdness might happen if the state is >1 on those bits depending on how your software implements it.