Why does the engine go lean when I open the throttles at idle?

rex@rexshort.co.nz

When i idle all is good. When I open the throttle very slowly all is ok. When I open the throttle at a certain speed the running falls apart. I made a short log of it doing it. The issue I am chasing is the two big lean outs on the end of the log file. What is causing this?

2nd question. Why in the run time values (F12) is the Charge Temperature red and so high when the actual intake Air Temperature is reading only say 23 degrees. How can I fix this?

3rd question. In the link software the E throttle says that it is turned off. But it shows values. Should I be concerned about this?

Here is a link to three files. 1 the tune file. 2 the log file. 3 the error picture about charge temperature/

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Cys8iIg8NcYSJfdpNyHoWu6nZIybyKHO?usp=sharing

The engine is a 3sge beam. It has 4age itb quad throttle bodies. The ecu is a Link g4+ storm blue.

Thanks for all the help.

• [email protected] changed the title to Why does the engine go lean when I open the throttles at idle?

Your fuel table doesnt look right around that idle area to me, with ITB's you will generally see a sharp increase in the fuel table number as the TP moves from 0-5%, then it will level off at TP's above that.  

It would be very rare for all these cells to be so similar like yours with ITB's:

0l45DKD.png

12 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

2nd question. Why in the run time values (F12) is the Charge Temperature red and so high when the actual intake Air Temperature is reading only say 23 degrees. How can I fix this?

You dont even have charge temp correction turned on so dont worry about it.  Charge temp is the approximated temperature of the air entering the combustion chamber, the air is heated by the manifold and the port walls as it moves through.  It is generally close to water temp at low loads and closer to IAT at higher loads.  But it is irrelevant in your case.  The red warning colour is user configurable for all parameters, you can set it to turn red at whatever temp you like.

19 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

3rd question. In the link software the E throttle says that it is turned off. But it shows values. Should I be concerned about this?

No.