Bosch LSU 4.9 Connector Crimp Tool

Patches

I've just bought a G4+ Fury but one thing that I'm struggling with is the connector for the LSU 4.9.

I can find them for sale but quite a few sites say they are really tricky to crimp without the correct tool, see links below:

I've got the Haltech crimp tools and was hoping to use these but not sure what to do. https://www.haltech.com/product/ht-070300-dual-crimper-set/

I could always buy with pigtails and either add another 5 way connector or join the wires but would rather just crimp one cable at either end.

I have never had any real drama with the microtimer terminals.  I always have plenty of spares though.  Its been a few months since I last crimped one so  cant remember which tool I use, but it is either the 1026CT (same as the red haltech one you show) or the 3303 64CT which is a similar tool but has a couple of smaller cavities.  Normally I would sacrifice one and do a quick test crimp to confirm. 

On 8/21/2021 at 12:04 AM, Adamw said:

I have never had any real drama with the microtimer terminals.  I always have plenty of spares though.  Its been a few months since I last crimped one so  cant remember which tool I use, but it is either the 1026CT (same as the red haltech one you show) or the 3303 64CT which is a similar tool but has a couple of smaller cavities.  Normally I would sacrifice one and do a quick test crimp to confirm. 

Yeah I wasn't too concerned about it until I read these notes.

Thanks Adam, I'll give it a go. Most of the connector kits come with 6/7 terminals anyway.