Slip control idea.

nissan200sx.dk

Good morning,

Yes, this would provide a form of slip control. The exact numbers you need would take some experimenting :twisted:

Quite often traction control systems will integrate a few different methods including throttle plate control, engine limiting and retarding the ignition timing.

Cheers,

Scott.

Hi,

The 100 rpm precision for the limiting table could not be changed easily.

Yes, you could setup a 4D ignition table, with % slip on one axis and RPM (or load, or nothing) on the other axis. Then you could either have the 4D Ignition table on all the time or have it activate only under certain conditions using a virtual auxiliary.

Scott

Good morning,

Currently there is no way to layer limit tables, but I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to achieve. As one table is limiting (cutting) ignition or fuel, and the other is retarding ignition I do not see how you would integrate them.

Using the two separate tables with slip % on the axis will mean they work in conjunction.

Cheers,

Scott

What are the axises on the 4d ignition table ?

Reading the thread, my first thought would of been gear or gear/speed ratio - to provide separate slip % and control for each gear !

For a adjustment control - install a variable resistor or voltage and setup in the inputs ! (May have to use GP)

Then use this input as the axis vs slip% in the 4d table.

All sounds good in theory, but haven't checked to see what variables are available in the table axis selection

Hi Guys,

All good suggestions.

You could set up a 4D ignition table with RPM and % slip on the axis. Then you could set up a 5D ignition table with Gear and a spare AN Volt channel on the axis.

You could connect a potentiometer to the AN Volt channel and set the channel to "Voltage 0-5V"

Tuning it might be a bit of a pain as there are so many parameters, but hopefully you would end up something you are quite happy with at the end of it.

Cheers,

Scott