ECU hold power etc.

teme76

Finally I finished my wiring. Few problems found...

Ecu hold power relay stays on when I switch off ignition. Status stays active. Ideas what could cause that?

Fuel pump works when I force it on, but won't prime (time = 2sec.) when I switch on ignition. Something to do with my first problem maybe?

Teme

The fuel pump no priming will be related to the ECU not shutting off. As the prim only happens at power on.

You will need to check the wiring of any aux outs. If any have power when the key is off it will cause a back feed.

You have wired it wrong, or you have the ignition sensing wire in the wrong place. If the the sensing wire is connected to the same as ecu power supply, the ecu hold power relay is keeping the power supply on and the ecu dont see the igniton being turned off.

You must have a input programmed as ignition switch and the wire connected to the right place. This tells the ecu when power is turned on and off.

And yes the fuelpump is primed only on key ON.

I checked again wiring and everything seems like on page 26 (ecu hold power wiring). Ignition is on Digital 7(B30) and is working ok. Ecu hold power is on Aux 10(B26).

When ignition is off none of Aux connectors have voltage.

More ideas? How to upload that PCL file to here?

I looked @ the wiring, and if ecu settings are ok and wiring is ok. Only i can think of is a faulty Diode.

There are 2 ways a diode can fail: 1: dont let current through 2: lets current through both ways.

This would cause the relay feed the ignition switch sensing wire all the time and wont power off the ecu.

What type of diode are you using? There are small ones (usually red/orange with black stripe) and bigger ones (usually black with gray stripe)

The small ones dont hold much current and can easily fail. You need a diode that hold around 5 amps of current to be safe.

As you know the diode is powering the whole system, before the ecu turns on the relays.

Parameters seem ok for the ecu hold power relay and ignition switch. There must be something wrong with your wiring.

Look and measure how the cars electrics are connect and how they function. The vipec wiring diagram for the ecu hold power is just a guide, there are differences between car manufacturers and models.

Heres how i made my ecu hold power, used a extra relay for it.

post-1189-143450214215_thumb.jpg

One thing i did find strange is that there are no idle base position maps, no igniton, no fuel map. Have you removed those?

Also noticed that you have fuel pump, engine fan, tacho and CE light connected to auxoutputs.

How are these wired ? Is there a chance of backfeed in those?

Turning the auxoutput OFF will NOT remove the backfeed problem. There is info about the backfeed problem in the vipec manual.