Racepak Display dash and G4X

Fraser Simpson

Hi all,

So previously I have had a G4+ Xtreme which works perfectly with my Racepak IQ3 logger dash (in the days before you could even select different CANBUS profiles to output) and I was given a CANBUS template from Racepak / Link to make it work.

Now in the later versions of software now that preset CANBUS profiles are there, my G4+ shows the option of 'DisplayLink' and everything still works just fine.

Now, that's the back story, so last night I went to a mates place to help him get his Racepak IQ3 display dash connected to his new Link G4X and am able to read the channels into the Racepak software OK etc so we know the Link/ViPEC interface is working OK.  Dash is on latest firmware available and I upgraded to that from an earlier version so I know communications are working as expected on that side of things.

The issue I have is not in the G4X when I look at the CANBUS output, I don't have the preset CANBUS profile for 'DisplayLink' on the software for G4X, so I'm assuming that's why I'm getting no communication showing on the IQ3.   I've made sure everything else is correct with ID of 1000, speed and refresh etc...... so I'm just wondering if you (Link support) can provide me with a file to add to the presets so I can replicate the 'DisplayLink' format to get my mates IQ3 working ??  or do you think I have something else wrong ?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks for the reply Adam.

That's weird then, must be something else going on then as I went through all of the preset's assuming one must be the same, but none seemed to work.   I decided not to waste any more time on it till I'd got the official word on what it should be, so thanks for the reply.

I'll get back to it tonight hopefully and see what I have wrong.   

Thanks again.