G4+ R53 Mini distance to empty display on dash

noss

Is there a value somewhere that I have overlooked that adjusts the distance to empty display on my dash?

Before the G4+ I was modifying the stock ECU on my Mini. When installing larger injectors I changed two values, the injector constant and the consumption calculation to correct the dash display.

With the G4+ while I have everything running nicely, the distance to empty irks me a little as the value is way off, reading 999km remaining until just above half a tank.

The Link is obviously outputting the information that is displayed on the dash, wondering if there is a way that I can correct the output at all?

There is a good chance that that is your problem, when you run a modelled mode you have to enter injector flow information which is required for calculating fuel use whereas in Traditional mode the G4+ ECU has no real way of keeping track of fuel volume/mass usage and so can't tell the dash how much fuel it is using.

Ah I see. Initially I hadn't setup modelled fuel as I didn't have all the data required and figured it didn't matter if I had the car running well. I was just looking into getting the data for the injectors (I'm iffy on the actual dead times). The ECU certainly does something as it changes the display depending on the master fuel setting, but if modelled won't do it either I'll leave as is and change the display. It's more of a nice to have than a problem.

Thanks again for the responses.