Start/Stop Button

JCE

Hello, there should be a way to get a start/stop button to work with vipec ?

Like: press once=ignition ON, press once again=ignition OFF.

Ignition ON, press and hold=Start engine.

How is this done?

There is a Starter solenoid control in auxoutput, but nothing in digital input, except for the basic ignition switch input and engine stop/kill switch input.

I am using the latest software.

You setup a digital input as Start Position,

You setup an Aux. Output as Start Solenoid.

If the engine speed is less than 1400 RPM and the digital input is activated (must be held on) the starter solenoid is activated via the aux o/p.

The aux o/p (starter solenoid) will remain active if the DI is held on, until the engine reaches 1400 rpm or greater, then the aux will automatically switch off.

The idea is to press and hold the DI until the engine starts, release the DI when the engine has fired.

Press the button again and all FUEL and SPARK will be cut.

For the ENGINE stop feature to function the RPM must also be greater than 1400 rpm.

This feature was a setup for jetski's etc i believe.

I asked ViPEC about adding adjustable parameters to the software in future versions to be able to adjust the cranking times,triggering rpms,cut off rpms etc.

These settings would allow one press of the start DI and release the engine automatically cranks for the pre-determined time you select.

If the engine doesnt start within the time you select, the aux o/p start solenoid deactivates.

While cranking the ecu looks for a pre determined disengage rpm that you set EG:500 rpm,

Once the rpm is seen the aux o/p shuts off and the engine runs as normal.

Having an adjustable engine cut rpm would allow you to press the start DI again and if the stop rpm target is correct EG 800 rpm the kill function would trigger shutting the engine down.

Having these settings would eliminate the default non adjustable <1400 rpm start and >1400 rpm cut parameters.

This function MAY be added in the future.

Simon advised that my idea could be achieved using Virtual Auxillary,Timers,Digital Input and GP AUX, which definately sounds achievable.

I haven't as yet set it up and tried it.

Regards

Dave.

• 11 months later...

OKay this is what I have.

DI6 = Engine start button / engine off

AUX7 = GP out, for starter relay.

COND (1 AND 2) OR 3:

SW COND 1 = TIMER 1 > 0,00s

SW COND 2 = RPM < 500

SW COND 3 = DI6 = ON

TIMER 1

Activation: DI6

Max Time: 5s

Reset when on

Virtual AUX 2

GP OUTPUT

SW COND 1 AND 2

DI6 = ON

RPM >700

GP RPM LIMIT

MAP is setup with rpms on x, and Virtual aux 2 - 0,1,2 on y axis. (What does the 0,1 and 2 refer to???)

This limit will be activated by the virtual aux 2, and is used to cut engine.

I still need to input the correct values in the limit table before I think this setup would work.

Would this setup work?

That looks on the money to me with out actually trying it on the bench.

I would suggest testing with the starter output not connected first and watch when it can be made active in the runtimes before connecting up the starter to it.