Mutlistage Shift Light + CEL

Hyperblade

I have the following shift light in my race car, which has green and red led's, using 2 Aux outputs from the ECU.

image.png.aa44b0624b1619e6912193c6c73a1899.png

Currently the Red are set to CEL and the green set to the Link Shift light setup.

However the default link shift light strategy isn't good enough, going from blinking led's to solid just isn't noticeable enough to accurately time gear changes.

I would love a setup where the green LEDs come on then start flashing in the last bit of the rpm, then the red start flashing as warning before the cut.

e.g.

• Shift: Green Solid -> Green Flashing -> Red Flashing
  • CEL: Red solid 

I figured i could use a table to do some of what I wanted.

This is for green LEDs (ignore 1800, 1850 that's just for testing).

image.png.22eaa5487875c77f22734c902ae7edb1.png

Which I think will work.

However I can't work out how to also have the Red come on and also still perform the CEL function.

Red LED setup (ignore 2000, 2050 for testing)

image.png.c5f66a8ac6dbb52c00db30d329d9e7fd.png

I was thinking something like this, but then thought that will only show the light at the top RPM as it uses the table above

image.png.b771ad1826ccbdc18e4be16a289076c9.png

Is what I want to do possible?

Just thinking out loud, I guess other option is to have all cells set to 100 under the shift point so if CEL turned on then it would show, but would still flash red at shift rpm? Not ideal, but better then nothing?

My other idea was I could potentially show the Red solid, via the conditions of  > rpm or CEL = active. But that means it obviously doesn't flash which is what I really want.. So couldn't use the table.

Any advise appreciated from those more experienced.

You could set your current red shift light to a CAN aux, make another GP PWM with Aux 9 as the output, set it up to always be active and then in its Duty cycle table have the CAN Aux Duty cycle on one axis and the Virtual Aux on the other.

Alternatively set Aux 9 active state to High (so when the gp pwm is inactive the LEDs will be on) and flip all the values in your duty cycle table (100 becomes 0, 0 becomes 100, 50 stays 50). The conditions would then only be Virtual Aux = Inactive (engine speed is covered by the Duty Cycle table)