Diagnosing Link Can Lambda with a seperate battery

rex@rexshort.co.nz

I have a Link Canlamba that is less than 6 months old. It stopped working on a drive about 1hour in. Today I took a fuly charged battery out of another vehicle and connected only the positive and ground of the Canlamba to it. I still was not able to make the Canlamba work.

The errors that I get are: Lambd 33 Open Circuit APE-IPE and Lambda1 16 Heated Too Long. 

Here is a Google Drive Link with my files in it: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Mc3a_psZyZqHoMOTv65HOFubXjeHPKlE?usp=sharing

Included in the Google Drive link are:

1. Tune file

2. Log file i made during testing

3. Picture of runtime values showing all green

4. Picture of runtime valuse showing: Lambd 33 Open Circuit APE-IPE

5. Picture of runtime values showing: Lambda1 16 Heated Too Long

Here is a youtube video that I made to explain things: 

I have checked the polarity (excuse the red wire in the video being used as a ground.)

Within PC Link the Canlamba detects just fine.

My setup is: Toyota 3sge Beams with ITB throttles. Link G4+ Storm Blue.

What do you think is causing this? 

Do you think the sensor has Bosch sesor has gone bad?

Is there anything else that I can do to test?

Thanks heaps. Rex

In the meantime, other things perhaps to check would be to ensure your electrical connections on the positive and negative side are sound (check the pos and neg as the enter the 4 way DTM connector as well as the crimps at the battery side.

You might also install the capacitor as outlined in the manual between the positive and negative battery lines to the canlambda. it filters out voltage spikes from the electrical supply.

Finally, you might also try swapping in a known-good lambda sensor to see if that makes a difference.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there. I have just finished loading the Lambda test1.pclr file in the car. We connected a full stand alone car battery to the canlambda positive and ground wires. We started the logging and logged 30 seconds with keyon and engine not running. We then proceeded to start the engine and ran the car for 30 seconds. Here is a google drive link with two files.

1. the Lambda test1.pclr

2. the small log file as asked for.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aLQyf9F9UFVHH9SbF7X-DesOd91yAkEa?usp=sharing

I talked to Ross Honor who sold me the Canlambda and he said he can supply me with another sensor as he has them in stock. I look forward to hearing of your findings from the log file.

There were times in the past that I was running very rich. Perhaps that may have damaged the sensor.

Thanks

Rex

Deleted your other post since it was exactly the same.  No good clues in the log yet.  Can you redo the two power wires in case there is a small break or bad crimp hiding somewhere.  Preferably wants to be 0.75mm2 or 18awg wire.    

I have good news. I got a new CanLambda sensor from Ross at Top Tune and as soon as I connected it the CanLambda started working. I think I caused it from running miixtures at time as rich as 9:1. Thanks for all the help to fix the wiring at test it with a special tune file.