Learning link 4+

drmandy

I am a complete noob and this is probably a stupid question. I am (still) building a swap car with a k20a that I started 8 years ago. 5 years ago I had it dyno tuned (Monsoon)and at that time I had a Sony laptop which the tuner saved the map to. I just restarted the engine after 5 years and now have a Dell laptop. I am miles away from civilization(my tuner) so help is limited. I signed up for Evans Performance online link course and am trying to learn on my own. The car seems to hit a limit at about 5500 rpm which it didn't before.

Looking at the map that is in the ecu it definitely is not the map saved in my sony. The ecu seems to have lost the original tune.This map does indeed have a 6000 rpm limit whereas the original map was 7800.

when I connect to the ecu with the Dell (windows 11)the car basically stalls-why is simply connecting to the ecu changing the way the car runs?

When I connect to the ecu with the Sony it doesn't stall

Thanks in advance

The map cant be lost by connecting a laptop or by it sitting unused for a long time.  The tune is stored in flash memory (permanent memory). Even if you bumped a button and changed something by mistake, unless you manually perform a store any changes are lost as soon as you power off.   

Attach the tune and a short log of it running or attempting to run.  

Here are the maps. Bills k20 is the tune map from 2017 and the other is the current map. Bill has no idea why connecting to the ECU with the Dell affects the way the car runs. Is it possibly a windows 11 compatability issue?

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

Bills K20 Tune 1.pclr Dr Mandy pre diag 031122.pclr

There is no difference between these two maps.  They are identical except for the stored statistics which get updated everytime the ecu is shut off.  

As I suggested above we need to see a log to see if there are any clues as to the reason it is not running correctly, it is not a difference in the tune.