Drive by wire, sensor Aps and/or Tps

KjartanS

I have done some searches in forum and web, but still search for answer on the following:

I am rebuilding my "analog" wire to drive by wire in an 1974 mod 911. I have modified the pedalhousing BEFORE fully understand the setup within Link guide (rookie mistake :-( ). We have put in place a Bosch TPS, but no APS.

Question 1; Do I need the APS?

Question 2; Can the Link TPS with 6 wires be used as the ONLY 1 sensor?

Question 3; If I only need the Bosch TPS, how do we wire IT to the ECU (looks like it need at least 4 wires).

ECU;Link Fury

I am new on this forum, so of the questions Are discussed elsewhere, please bear with me.

DSC_1927.JPG

DSC_1928.JPG

Edited by KjartanS
Wanted to thanks to forum users

The ECU requires two independent sensors for safety - there is no way it can know if one has failed when there is only one.  One option as you guessed is a "dual track" TPS such as the 6 wire variohm one that Link sell.  This would be the best option for you.  

As a workaround to get you running with what you have initially (I would not drive it very far this way) you could wire the single sensor output to two separate analog inputs so the ECU thinks it has two sensors connected.  

There are possibly some junk yard options also if budget is tight.  There are APS sensors from some Hondas and old Mercs which are quite adaptable (something like a typical TPS sensor design)