4G63 Coolant Pressure Sensor Figures

Ash Bell

Hi there just wondering if anyone has any coolant pressure data for an average evo 8 setup. Head was tested for everything, nitto dbs drag gasket, 625 studs, retorqued after heat cyle twice etc. etc. Still seeing irregular pressures and wondering if its just pump pressure ontop of cap. 16psi cap, on warmup pressure can be 10psi after 30 seconds and then oscilate from 24 to 10psi with coolant temps of 85-90c. sensor is a dual bosch temp and pessure in factory coolant temp location. Car doesn't overheat or push any water out even at the track, only running 19psi boost. cheers Ash

I dont have any evo specific experience but your pressure sounds in the ballpark I would expect.  The only cars I have good exposure to coolant pressure was in a categore of modern Toyota single seaters.  They didnt run thermostats, just a fixed restrictor but coolant press in those trended quite well with RPM, peaking at about 35psi at redline.   They were only low boost engines.  I would imagine with a thermostat you will see a little more variation.