300ZX VG30DETT Trigger Set Up

bentot

Hello,

Trying to set up the triggers on the ECU

Do I need to make any changes to the triggers pull up and edge or is it preset on the plug-in G4X?

Trigger 1 Pull Up - ON

Trigger 1 Edge - Rising

Trigger 2 Pull Up - ON

Trigger 2 Edge - All

Also for timing, I had the CAS set to 15 degrees, (while running on the OEM ECU) before I installed the G4X. Do I need to physically retime it or do I just adjust the offset when I have it running, if it's off?

Thanks!

Yeah the trig1/2 settings look correct.  You dont need to wory about the position of the CAS, that can be anywhere and you just set the timing using the trigger offset.

However after just looking at our 300Z base map I noticed the trigger offset is set to zero, this isnt an engine im very familiar with, but I think zero is unlikely correct.  Most other 6 cyl nissans offset is around -85deg so I would probably set it there initially and see if that is close enough to get it started.

Car ran for a minute and died. Ran a bit rich at 9 AFR... will try to adjust master fuel, I had it set at 9ms for the 1000ccs, when I try again later.

Scoped the triggers and just wondering if they are OK. 

20220406_141823.jpg

39 minutes ago, bentot said:

Triggers look ok?

Cant really tell from those pictures, but if it ran it would suggest they are ok.  If you have stable RPM on the screen and the trigger 1 error counter is not continuously counting up when running or cranking then it usually means the ECU is getting the signal it expects.

I was able to run the car again. Master fuel set at 12ms and timing offset at -81 degrees and it ran and settled at 12-14 AFR.

Idled for 15 minutes to check all the aux are kicking in as set.

Car runs way better with this ECU than a chipped OEM. Can't wait to get it tuned. Thanks Adam for the help.

Would I be able to drive the car as is? Need to drive it to the tuner