Trigger scope for VVT cam position signal (DI inputs)

MGV101

Does the oscilloscope function of the trigger scope work for trigger inputs only or does it also work for the other digital inputs?

I wanted to verify the VVT cam position signa which is independent from the trigger home signal and is wired to one of the DI channels. There is a DI tab in the trigger scope window but seems like it is only show the processed signal rather than the oscilloscope display.

Thank you!

The trigger scope shows the signal after VR conditioning for the DI's.  This should still give you the info you need.  The trigger scope will show a rising edge where the cam signal meets the arming threshold and a falling edge where the cam signal crosses zero.  

Yes, but an oscilloscope function would help verify the polarity of the reluctor sensor and also the optimal arming voltage. Looks like I'll need my own oscilloscope for that unless it is on the trigger 1/2 input then?

3 hours ago, MGV101 said:

but an oscilloscope function would help verify the polarity of the reluctor sensor

Unplug the vvt solenoid, turn the cam angle test on, rev engine, if cam angle is stable within a degree or 2 then polarity is correct, if cam angle drifts say more than 5deg then polarity i wrong.

3 hours ago, MGV101 said:

and also the optimal arming voltage

The arming threshold is not user adjustable on the DI's.