V88 as a momentary double throw switch?

MarcelB

Hi all , anyone know if there is a way for two aux. outputs to be set up like a DT (double throw ) momentary switch ? Because of noise restrictions I am running a somewhat "quiet" exhaust , but I want to put in an electric exhaust cut out valve which I want to set up for automatic operation by the V88 :idea: I recently purchased an electronic controller for this , it has wireless controls and wired inputs for operation by a DTDP (double throw double pole) switch . To interface with it I plan to use a window roll up/down module which will allow for polarity reversal :idea: essentially mimmiking the action of the DTDP switch.In order to switch the window module I would have to ground one of the two inputs separately but In order to prevent possible motor damage it would have to be momentary ,both modules are equipped with over torque auto shutdown to prevent continuous power to the motor after it has reached its position limit but I am uncomfortable with this .This is where I would like to use the V88 set up as follows; when above X RPM and y boost output z will be grounded for say 5 seconds to open the valve , when these conditions change and output Z is to switch off and output A turn on for 5 seconds more to re-close it. Any ideas :?: :?:

Hi Marcel,

How many auxillary outputs have got free on your V88 and which ones are they.

What MAP value do you wish the valve to open.

What MAP value do you wish the valve to close.

EG:

The following MAP, RPM and TPS values I have used are just random

Using 2 x 4 pin relays

AUX O/P 1 goes to coil negative on the OPEN relay

AUX O/P 1 is setup with SWITCH LOGIC 1 and 2 and 3, to switch ON at MAP greater than 150 KpA and RPM greater than 6000 rpm and TPS greater than 90%

Setup TIMER 1,

ACTIVATION =AUX O/P 1

MAX TIME = 5 seconds

POLARITY = RESET WHEN OFF

AUX O/P 2 goes to coil negative on CLOSE relay

Setting up the SWITCH LOGIC for the CLOSE RELAY is the tricky part,which may require a VIRTUAL AUX also.

AUX O/P 2 is setup with SWITCH LOGIC 1 and 2 and 3, to switch ON at MAP less than 110 KpA and RPM LESS than 5000 rpm and VIRTUAL AUX 1.

VIRTUAL AUX 1 is setup as a GP OUTPUT

SWITCH LOGIC =1 and 2 and 3

Switch condition 1 = RPM greater than your idle speed.

Switch condition 2 = MAP less than 110 KpA

Switch condition 3 = TPS less than 2%

I would try different combinations of SWITCH LOGIC for AUX 2 CLOSE RELAY to suit your application.

You may find a combination of 1 and 2 and 3,

1 or 2 and 3 work best for you

Setup TIMER 2

ACTIVATION = AUX O/P 2

MAX TIME = 5 seconds

POLARITY = RESET WHEN OFF.

Sorry, I don't have a test ECU and test bench available to configure this correctly for you.

Give this a try and let me know how you go.

SIMON (ViPEC),

When you get some time can you please run this up on your simulator (emulator).

The CLOSE function is the tricky part here, having it setup correctly as to not keep it activating below the desired OPEN function.

Unless there is another way of controlling this type of function, which I am sure if there is you will work it out.

Regards

Dave.

• 1 month later...