VL Commodore wont start Link G4X

Adam Cooper

Hey guys, posting here with a log as requested by AdamPCLink.exe. having problems trying to get my car to start. VL commodore with RB30 using factory CAS and distributor. I have a link G4X XtremeX wire in and loaded the vl plug-in base tune and am working from that. I’ve set the distributor to point in the middle of cylinder1 lead pin when on 30° advance. I’ve then set base timing to 0 with the ecu set on 0 and needing either -45° or 315° in the offset. I had it firing yesterday but could not get it to run and after messing with it more it won’t even fire now. Is there anymore steps I need to take to set this CAS up or something else I’m missing?

PC Datalog crank no start.llgx

All looks ok in the log.  What size injectors does it have?  

Your dizzy set up sounds correct.  Assuming it is still running a dizzy and single coil then there will actually be 6 different offsets that will give the correct timing and it will run - even though only one will be correct (injector timing correct).  

That is not your map that you have attached at the top either.  To get your map, connect to ecu then go to >file>save as.  it will have a .pclx extension.  

Hey Adam, just found my problem. When I wired the ecu, the original plug had “ignition signal check” and “power transistor” wired next to each other. I pinned the ignition signal wire to the coil power. I’m assuming through back feeding on the tacho it some how managed to get spark but was not running through the igniter. Swapped the wires and it runs now. Will only idle but I don’t have a wideband hooked up yet so don’t know if it’s a fuelling issue or something else. Appreciate you have a look through the log and getting back to me!