Monsoon Fault Code

Ken Young

OK I purchased a Monsoon G4+ from Panic wire. They are great. I have it on a Beams 3sge. I have a code one long light  then pause  then one fast short light. It starts up and idles pretty good but as soon as I touch the throttle all it will do is pulse up and down like it's hunting for a signal. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks  Ken

I have moved your post into its own subject since it was nothing to do with the unlock code thread you were posting in.  

Fault code 11 is AN Volt 1 below the error low value.  This may be a current error or it may be an historical error if you have unplugged a sensor in the past or something.  You really need to give us a log and a copy of your tune to be able to help.

Ok I am new to the forums of any kind, I just stay in the shop and build all different types of cars. In the shop up in the North West I would build and design and one of the other guys would tune and work on setting up the computers. I moved down to the gulf where its warm, but with a large shop I still get to build. 

so I have a 3sge black top Beams, Monsoon G4+ Panic wiring.  Got it installed with a PLX wide band and controller and had Corr performance dyno it, at that time they told me the throttle body didn't like to idle when cold and look into getting a after market one. Its not cold down here so I just put up with it. A couple of weeks later I started fouling plugs as it was very rich, and got worse to where it would not start. Found a loose ground and then it started but was hunting for a signal, up and down on the idle but Matt Panic logged in on it and said I had a vacuum leak, a big one. I took off the intake and resealed it. Then sense I had 3 of the 3sge's I took one of the other throttle bodies I knew worked good and swapped it. I also clamped off the hose to the brake booster, to eliminate it as a possible problem. started it back up and got a long light then a short flash. The engine starts ok but if you touch the throttle it goes up and down rapidly like it is hunting for a signal. Any Help   Thanks  Ken

On 6/12/2022 at 9:57 AM, Adamw said:

You really need to give us a log and a copy of your tune to be able to help.

The fault code is probably because you had the TPS sensor unplugged.  ie it is not a current fault - it was only a fault when you had it unplugged.  

I had the TPS sensor plug back in and the battery disconnect was turned off while I was changing everything on the intake and the throttle body. Just being overly cautious I guess.

I had the TPS sensor plug back in and the battery disconnect was turned off while I was changing everything on the intake and the throttle body. Just being overly cautious I guess.

could it be I am missing an update. This is my truck and the rule is customers cars come first in the shop then Personal cars and trucks so I purchased this back in 2020 

Unlikely anything related to an update since the problem only started after you had it apart.  At a very wild guess it sounds like possibly the TPS isnt working, since that would mean overrun fuel cut would kick in when you try to rev it, but I would want to see a log to confirm.  

could it be I am missing an update. This is my truck and the rule is customers cars come first in the shop then Personal cars and trucks so I purchased this back in 2020 

The engine stated fouling plugs slowly at first with a over rich condition or low spark. After a week it got progressly worse to where it would not start. Found a loose ground for the ecu, fixed it changed the plugs and O2 and it ran but poorly. Changed the throttle body because it could have had a internal vacuum leak. Idles good but as I said it now hunts for a signal. I think I need to find a after market throttle body, maybe that would help. If the ECU is damaged from the ground issue then I will buy another one, its not a problem. I just am getting a little furstrated. I have one more injection project that is almost ready for the ECUand it a 69 Mach 1 with a 5.4L quad cam (shelby GT500 engine) with twin Precision turbos. Does Links make a ECU for a V8 on alcohol.  Thanks  KEN

On 6/12/2022 at 9:57 AM, Adamw said:

On 6/14/2022 at 9:27 AM, Adamw said:

19 hours ago, Adamw said:

but I would want to see a log to confirm.  

Not sure how to make it any clearer.  Nobody can help you without a log showing the problem or the tune so we can see your config.  

Dont go changing parts with no diagnosis.  I cant see any point in buying a new throttle body.