NS13X no start

daytona959

I'm sure this is something you pro's will easily be able to figure out. 

Upon first installing the NS13X on my stock 1995 Silvia S14, the car won't start.

It appears to crank a couple of times than stop abruptly. I initially thought this might be due to a weak battery as I am seeing the batt voltage drop quite a bit while cranking, but I've tried a new battery and see the same thing happening.

I ran through Links article titled "My engine won't start" and everything seems to checkout. I'm not certain my trigger scope looks like it should as I'm not sure how to analyze it.

I'm using the stock harness, and stock coils, CAS, stock everything, etc.

I've uploaded a few logs, as well as base map and trigger scope and a video of the car cranking to my Google Drive.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XETCbAg1ccPBahbyDnLXYnHAUaYGHwLL

If anyone could give me some insight that would be much appreciated!

As Kenny suggests, it doesnt look like you have set the base timing.  The offset is often around -100deg in SR20's, but varies a lot from engine to engine.  However it is rarely zero.   

2 minutes ago, daytona959 said:

Is this possible to do without the car running?

Yes, turn off fuel so it doesnt kick back and you should be able to get a timing flash on it.  Start with the offset at -100 as that will likely put the mark somewhere you can see it.  .

Thanks for the insight, I'm going to work on the timing and see if that does it. I've always had issues using the timing light on the SR20, seems the timing wire Nissan left on the harness doesn't always work great with my timing light.

Yeah dont use the timing loop, Nissan must have had a specific timing light to work with that.  Even if you do get a standard timing light to work off it, it is usually triggering on the wrong edge so shows wrong timing.  

You need to pull a coil up and fit an old HT lead or or some type of extension between the coil and plug.  

uWqr8mm.png