Questions - V88 Install In 2000 Camaro 410ci LSX Turbo

BerZ28

Hi everyone. I'm a new Vipec user working on getting the V88 wired into my Turbocharged Camaro. There are two issues that i've run into. One is that the factory dash (gauges) will only work in conjunction with the factory PCM. Has anyone been successful piggy-backing the factory PCM with the Vipec? wondering if i can split sensor inputs like coolant temp and oil pressure to both computers.

My other issue is that i run a GM 4L80E automatic transmission. From what I gather the V88 will not support an auto trans, is this correct? If it does not will I be able to split rpm and TPS signals between the two Computers and use the factory ecu to control the transmission along with the gauges?

Only signal that can be an issue is the temp inputs. This is due to the factory ECU having its own pullup resistors. To get around this you can share the signal to an AN volt as this does not have a pull up. But you will need to do a custom cal to get the reading right.