Crank, cam and AVCS questions

Axel R

Hi all,

I have just built a new motor, it's a v7 207 with 272 kelford cams, with single AVCS, it has the reluctor cam sensors at the back of the heads, plus the LHS front one. 

The old motor was a non-AVCS ADM ej205 with a custom loom pre-pinned out for single AVCS but not connected. And has been running fine for the last year. 

Since this new motor has AVCS, I am going over all of my triggers and cam sensors to make sure it will play nice, and that i have them wired correctly. 

1 Does this trigger scope look correct for the cam and crank?

2 Will there be an issue since the kelford cams have 4 lobes on the back of them, and the factory setting in the fury says 2 lobes? 

3 when the motor is running i am currently getting messages in the run times logs under VVT "inlet bank 1 signal Tooth Tolerance and inlet bank 2 Error: missing pulses.  is this related to question 2, or can i alter the filtering to help this out? 

I've included my map and trigger scope for reference

Cheers Axel 

TriggerScopeLog.llgx New motor with AVCS.pclx

19 hours ago, Axel R said:

Does this trigger scope look correct for the cam and crank?

No, it took me a while to figure out what was going on...

You have the front cam sensor wired to DI3 (two teeth), and one of the AVCS ones at the back (4 teeth) wired to trig 2.  You need to swap these.  Trig 2 needs to be connected to the front sensor that has the 2 teeth on the back of the sprocket.  

Also, the sensor that you currently have wired to trig 2 is wired incorrect polarity - make sure the ground goes to the opposite pin when you shuffle the wiring around.  May pay to check the other AVCS sensor also.  

Ok, so I've just had a chance to fix my wiring, and taken a new trigger scope. Does this look as it should now? 

an additional question, I can see the VVT referencing Table 1, is this the main timing table or is there a separate VVT table? 

or do I have to make a vvt table that adds timing on top of the main timing table? 

fixed pinout.llgx

9 hours ago, Axel R said:

Does this look as it should now? 

Just flip the wires on trig 2 (front sensor) and it will be good. 

9 hours ago, Axel R said:

I can see the VVT referencing Table 1, is this the main timing table or is there a separate VVT table? 

> VVT > VVT Inlet Target.  Your table is currently no set up.  The VVT table in our V11 wrx map is pretty good, open up that map, go to the VVT inlet target then right click >import/export> export to clip board, then open you map and import it the same way.