No RPM - Scope showing data

foes

Just about ready to throw this car in the bin lol

Coming across issue after issue - Another weird issue - seems cam (trig1) and crank (trig2) are wired correctly as I've checked continuity between them and the ecu. RPM is not showing and when I crank it says Trig2 Signal - YES and Trig1 Signal - NO 

No RPM and no start. Although it seems scope shows data for trig1 and 2

Any insight?

ECU is a SupraLink G4X wired to a JZX100 Chaser (1JZ VVTi)

Tune and scope log attached.

SupraLink JZX100 Fuel Disabled.pclx TriggerScopeLog.llgx

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

Definitely no trigger 1 signal at all in that scope. 

If you unplug the ecu and measure resistance between pin B7 & B27 in the loom ecu plug what do you get?

Trigger signal is always 0.00V so that makes sense but why does the log show Trig1 Signal YES? also shows some data on the scope.

Does Trig2 look ok?

Will measure the resistance across those shortly

Ok so just for shits I measured the sensor before checking those pins 

no resistance measurement across them - could it be sheer luck that the crank sensor died as I installed the ecu? Checked a known good 2jz crank sensor at its 1.1kO across the pins

Car was previously running on stock ecu just fine. Just converted to coils, deleted maf and installed the link at once.

8 hours ago, foes said:

but why does the log show Trig1 Signal YES?

It has small spikes of "noise" that go above the arming threshold.  

8 hours ago, foes said:

Does Trig2 look ok

It at least shows the expected wave form.  There are similar spikes of noise showing in the trigger 2 signal as well that match the spikes on trig 1.  Not sure if these are a problem or not yet.  I suspect these may be because your crank sensor is open circuit the shared crank/cam ground wire may be acting like an antenna.  So hopefully these disappear when you have a working sensor.

8 hours ago, Adamw said:

It has small spikes of "noise" that go above the arming threshold.  

It at least shows the expected wave form.  There are similar spikes of noise showing in the trigger 2 signal as well that match the spikes on trig 1.  Not sure if these are a problem or not yet.  I suspect these may be because your crank sensor is open circuit the shared crank/cam ground wire may be acting like an antenna.  So hopefully these disappear when you have a working sensor.

One more thing - cars running but no correct Lambda reading - I have the ID set as 384 and stream set to the predefined AEM wideband one. I seem to get a weird reading around 30 AFR with the bitrate set to 500 (car runnning perfectly so afr probably isnt right), but when set to 1MB i get lambda 0.00 always. 30-0310 X series wideband (inline) spec says 1000KB/s

4 hours ago, foes said:

30-0310 X series wideband (inline) spec says 1000KB/s

Their manual is wrong, AEMNet bus has always been locked to 500K.   You can measure the voltage on the analog output to verify if the AFR reported in PC Link matches.  Assuming you havent modified the provided stream template, the only other thing that can effect what it reads at the Link end is the stoichometric ratio setting in fuel main.       

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

Their manual is wrong, AEMNet bus has always been locked to 500K.   You can measure the voltage on the analog output to verify if the AFR reported in PC Link matches.  Assuming you havent modified the provided stream template, the only other thing that can effect what it reads at the Link end is the stoichometric ratio setting in fuel main.       

Ah yep, havent modified anything - stoich ratio is set to 14.7

Could I just adjust the divider to get it to read correct or would that be a bad idea?

23 minutes ago, Adamw said:

You could but the ECU is only reporting what the AEM is sending to it.  If its reporting the wrong value then it is more likely an air leak or failed sensor.  

it only reports a certain range and the CAN reading doesnt match the 5v output reading. Assuming wrong math somewhere