Assigning external pullup temp to Oil Temp input

MGV101

I ran out of AN Temp inputs so had to use a pull-up resistor with a normal AN input for oil temp.

The function setting in the AN input does not have a Oil Temp function to choose so I had to select GP Temp (Ext Pullup). This worked fine for me until we decide to hook up an AIM dash to the car.

I cannot get the dash to show the oil temp because it is recognised as GP Temp in the ECU in the AIM pre-set CAN stream, this was not sent to the dash, only Oil Temp does. Is there any way to "assign" the GP Temp as Oil Temp so that it can be sent to the dash? Thank you!

Seems like this is a G4+ specific problem. In G4X, the inputs are listed as function rather than pins and I could simply select Oil Temperature and it will allow me select normal AN inputs as source.

Thank you Adam. I'll give the custom CAN a try. Did not know there was a template for Generic Dash until you mentioned it. That will definitely save me a TON of time.

Just one question though. Is the protocol for Transmit Link AIM MXS Strada Dash same as Generic Dash? I remembered a long time ago, before the Link rebranded AIM MXS Strada was a thing, I used to just use Transmit Generic Dash and it worked just fine. The more recently I tried to setup another AIM dash for another car. I could not get the dash to work at all with Transmit Generic Dash until I noted there was a newly added mode "Transmit Link AIM MXS Strada Dash" and after selecting that it worked straight away.

I cannot find the detailed protocol/format for Transmit Link AIM MXS Strada Dash in any documentation so canny verify whether the format in the Generic Dash template is the same.

Again, thank you Adam.

8 hours ago, MGV101 said:

Just one question though. Is the protocol for Transmit Link AIM MXS Strada Dash same as Generic Dash?

Almost identical, the only difference is the Lambda 1 & 2 channels, in generic dash they are sent with a resolution of 0.001, in the MXS stream they are sent with a res of 0.01.  This was done so the dash can work with our older ECU's that broadcast AFR instead of lambda. 

So in the configurable generic dash stream, find lambda 1 & 2 and change the divider to 10 will make it the same as the MXS stream.