Connecting sensors to v-88

gunnerthesnowman

Ok ,i know this may be a basic ? , but here it is I would like to add another IAT sensor before my intercooler ( data /info only ) ,i would like to connect this to AN Temp 3 and tag it as MAF air temp, so my fuel IAT correction would not be affected , the ? i have were does the other sensor wire ( ground go )

At the same time i would like to add 2 more temp. sensor ( intercooler coolant in and out ), i can use AN VOLT 8 and 9 for these sensor , and again were does the second sensor wire go .

Thanks

Hi,

the ground wires for the sensors must go to sensor ground.

Pins A 24 and B 22 are sensor grounds, so you can solder your sensor ground wires to any of these.

Don't forget to use a 1K ohm resistor on the AN Volt 8 and 9 for the use of temp sensors.

Regards

Dave.

Hi,

Pins A 24 and B 22 are sensor grounds, so you can solder your sensor ground wires to any of these.

Don't forget to use a 1K ohm resistor on the AN Volt 8 and 9 for the use of temp sensors.

Regards

Dave.

Thanks for the reply Dave , so if i am installing a temp sensor to AN temp 3 and temp. sensors to AN volt 8, AN volt 9 & AN volt 10 ( these are all on B connector) should i use B 22 sensor signal ground for all 4 new sensors , and if so can i just tie all four of these sensor signal grounds in on the sensor signal ground wire already there for Temp 4 or AN volt 6.

And you say if i am using any of the AN volt for a temp. sensor i have to install a 1K ohm resistor , does this go in the sensor signal wire going to the AN volt pin OR in the sensor signal ground wire , and do i cut the wire and solder it in line? OR leave the wire intact two bare spots and solder that way.

Sorry for so many ? , but got to learn some how and i thank that guys that spend the time teaching guys like me .

Hi,

you can connect your sensor ground wires all to B22 , just solder them on.

As for the 1K ohm resistor if you go to the HELP FILE in the ViPEC software,

Go to CONTENTS

CLICK on WIRING INFORMATION

Click on INPUT SIGNAL WIRING

Click on USING VOLTAGE CHANNELS WITH NTC SENSORS.

Remember the HELP FILE IS YOUR FRIEND.

There is an incredible amount of information in the HELP FILES, it takes the ViPEC TECHS massive amounts of time to create these files.

Let me know how you go.

If you are still unsure of anything, just ask.

Regards

Dave.

OK , i understand how to hook up my new IAT sensor ( using MAF air temp.) sensor type Std bosch NTC THIS IS FOR DATA LOGGING MY AIR TEMP. BEFORE MY INTERCOOLER

OK after reading the input signal wiring , analog inputs , using voltage channel with NTC sensor in the help section -- I SEE HOW TO WIRE THEM UP NOW but how do i set it up , i go to analog inputs , AN Volt 8, set it to GP input ?( it say for me to use GP input the sensor must have a 0-5V output , and I MUST know the temp to volt reading ) So if I use GP input , how do i calibration it for temp , cal table 3 , temp .output is in c -40 too 110 and i know the ohms resistance for each temp. from the unloaded resistance-temperature characteristic table for the sensor , am i on the right track , can,t use Cal 5 , as you can not put -40 in , and i do not know the temp. to volt ( trying to set up two coolant temp sensors for logging my intercooler coolant inlet and outlet temp.)

***** the Vipec needs more AN Temp points

OK , i understand how to hook up my new IAT sensor ( using MAF air temp.) sensor type Std bosch NTC THIS IS FOR DATA LOGGING MY AIR TEMP. BEFORE MY INTERCOOLER

OK after reading the input signal wiring , analog inputs , using voltage channel with NTC sensor in the help section -- I SEE HOW TO WIRE THEM UP NOW but how do i set it up , i go to analog inputs , AN Volt 8, set it to GP input ?( it say for me to use GP input the sensor must have a 0-5V output , and I MUST know the temp to volt reading ) So if I use GP input , how do i calibration it for temp , cal table 3 , temp .output is in c -40 too 110 and i know the ohms resistance for each temp. from the unloaded resistance-temperature characteristic table for the sensor , am i on the right track , can,t use Cal 5 , as you can not put -40 in , and i do not know the temp. to volt ( trying to set up two coolant temp sensors for logging my intercooler coolant inlet and outlet temp.)

***** the Vipec needs more AN Temp points

Still try to find out how to do this , thanks

Hi,

Regards

Dave.

What watt should this 1K ohm resistor , since it is a signal it should be low 1/4 or 1/2 ?