Layout question

nissan200sx.dk

Hi.

I have attatched my layout file. Rename the extension to .llf and not .zip as it is now. Only way I was allowed to upload it here.

Is it possible to change my gauge colors to have three colors? Now its either red or green, but would like to get yellow incorporated also. Red > Yellow > Green > Yellow > Red

Thank you

Ronni

Bil layout 1.04.zip

Hi mate,

I downloaded your zip file, but no matter what I do I cant extract the file, very unusual.

It says the zip file is empty, however it also tells me the are 2 files in there, so I don't know how to over come this issue.

I will keep having a go.

Regards

Dave.

Hi nissan200sx,

I sorted the zip folder issue, I am using a brand new laptop and hadn't finished setting up correctly.

What you wish to do is simple,

Go to the options tab,

Go to colour schemes and adjust the following.

Under the Theme items window,

Scroll down to OK and make sure the colour box is selected as green,

Then the next option down is Warning Low select the colour box and go across to the ITEM COLOUR LIST ON THE RIGHT,

Select Yellow as your Colour

The next selection down should be Warning High which is default red anyway.

Hope this is what you wanted to do,

Regards

Dave.

post-1099-143450214737_thumb.png

Hi Dave.

No its not really that I am looking for.

I only want to change colors in the 6 gauges and not the needle color. I was hoping that I could have 3 colors for the scale / background of the gauges. For example for ECT, when engine is cold the background is red, at 50 degrees it goes yellow, and at 80 degress its green, when it reaches 100 it becomes yellow again, and at 110 degrees its red.

Thank you for the reply. :)

Hi,

yes that is correct.

I will test this on my Auto simulator.

My previous post I stated the guage will be green, I don't think it will change colour, but at low warning mode the guage face will go yellow and high warning mode the guage face will go red.

You must also remember to set the low limits and high limit settings of the guage in it's properties,

Regards

Dave.

Yes spot on!

Example for ECT temperature.

-30 to 50 degrees its red.

50 to 80 degrees its yellow.

80 to 100 degrees its green.

100 - 110 degrees its yellow again.

110 - 140 degrees its red.

Something like that! I can only make it in two colors, but would really like to get three.

I also want to use these three colors in my other gauges, I just need to know how its done, then I can make the other gauges my-self.

On a digital guage you can set it up to change colour, but only to the high warning colour that is selected in the main colour themes of all layouts, default red.

To make the colour change when in a warning mode, EG: ECT is 99 deg C.

You need to go to the Parameters tab on the left of the screen or select it from the view tab at the top of the page.

You then select the digital guage parameter example ECT and double click on it.

You then apply the warning value here.

When this value is achieved or greater than the warning colour will come on.

This can only be setup as one colour unfortunately.

Regards

Dave.