AEM gauge to G4X

graikas

Hello all,

I want to log oil temperature via AEM X series gauge on my Evo9x (car is Evo 8 JDM 3 plug). The gauge as usual outputs analogue voltage 0-5. My question is about the wiring. Can I wire it to Temp4 on the expansion loom or shall I connect it to Pin71 AnVolt4 since I don't use the factory lambda sensor?

Thanks.

AN Temp 4 has a permanent pull-up resistor so may not be the best choice for an analog input.  AN Volt 4 would be fine, or AN Volt 2 that was originally MAF. 

Another option is to connect it to CAN bus instead since the X series has CAN output too.    

14 hours ago, Adamw said:

AN Temp 4 has a permanent pull-up resistor so may not be the best choice for an analog input.  AN Volt 4 would be fine, or AN Volt 2 that was originally MAF. 

Another option is to connect it to CAN bus instead since the X series has CAN output too.    

Sorry to thread hijack, but if I was to connect both an AEM X-series Wideband and Oil pressure gauge via CAN, would I be able to use the provided "AEM X-Series UEGO Gauge" configuration in the link software for both gauges, but modify it slightly for oil pressure? or would it need a completely different configuration?
Provided I obviously adjust the CAN ID on both gauges and on each stream to avoid conflicts to 1/384 and 2/385 respectively 

I have previously run the lambda through CAN, but never tried with the Oil pressure gauge