V88 interface with Can bus or Serial Wideband Controller

Marty

• 1 month later...

Hi Marty,

I am not sure about receiving RS232 data from a device back to the ECU as the RS232 formats under configuration, even though there is a RS232 Rx pin on both the USB and the CAN /RS232 ports.

I have used RS232 Tx to dashes and external loggers etc, however I am not sure about the CAN/RS232 PORT being dual duplex on the RS232 being able to receive the data into the ECU on the Rx pin, I have never tried to do this before.

The ViPEC crew will have to answer this one sorry.

In theory it should work, however SHOULD is not a real answer, sorry.

If it does work, you must remember that you can not have the PC connected at the same time as the RS232 device.

However if you ran the RS232 device back through a convertor such as a MoTeC STC (Serial to Can convertor ) then the RS 232 can be converted to CAN and the AFR meter and your laptop/PC can be connected at the same time.

I hope that helps.

Regards

Dave.

• 1 month later...

Hi Simon

What time frame would it take to do the custom stream ?

Also would the ecu be able to disregard the signal in closed loop mode if say the wideband sends a signal for a sensor error?

I'm very keen to get it setup.

Just checked with engineering if they would consider doing a stream, were happy to on the I series but not for V series.

It would depend on the error signal but if it was a fault signal as apposed to just going full lean or rich then I would think that could be done.

Hi Simon

So a CAN Wideband controller like a Haltech WB1 could interface with the ecu via CAN ?

Cheers

Marty

Hi Marty,

I have checked with the engineers at Haltech, they are happy to send us the CAN DATA PROTOCOL , however they will not give out the data format from the WBC1 or the WBC2.

This code is encrypted and done to protect there intellectual property, which is there right and I completely understand there wishes.

The WBC1 and WBC 2 can be used with any ViPEC ECU , when used with analogue volt inputs.

The WBC1 has 1 analogue volt output and the WBC2 has 2 analogue volt outputs.

I have attached a screen shot of the schematics for you.

NOTE the ANALOGUE VOLT O/P option is only supplied with the WBC2 loom.

Regards

Dave.

post-1099-143450215535_thumb.gif