Unable to connect ECU

Badrulhisham

Sorry for the slow reply, I couldnt remember if I had ever personally tried connecting a G4+ to windows 11 so I wanted to test that myself before replying. My laptop is a Ryzen also and the same OS version and it connects reliably at full speed.

CQNULeX.png

Can you please go to the ecu com port in device manager and show me the hardware ID's like below.  

Can you tell me what ecu you have and it's history - is it new or old, have you connected to it in the past, etc.  

Can you also try changing the connection port setting in PC Link from auto to the correct comport number that is showing in device manager.  

MPvQ35r.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Adam,

Sorry for the late reply. I been working in Indonesia for 2 weeks and due to this unable to check your requirement regards my ECU. 

The ECU bought in Malaysia a brand new 3 years ago. Used on my MINI Classic 1.3 and running fine for about 2 years. Recently doing some general cleaning on the floorboard due to some rusty and after cleaning the floor connect back the ECU. At this time, it started giving problem. I can't calibrate the TPS although the engine can be started. 

Until now the engine can be start easily but not in perfect conditions. 

Thanks

Screenshot(7).thumb.png.c09b24baac693203bd1aab81561181ce.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2023 at 8:09 AM, Badrulhisham said:

Hi Adam,

Sorry for the late reply. I been working in Indonesia for 2 weeks and due to this unable to check your requirement regards my ECU. 

The ECU bought in Malaysia a brand new 3 years ago. Used on my MINI Classic 1.3 and running fine for about 2 years. Recently doing some general cleaning on the floorboard due to some rusty and after cleaning the floor connect back the ECU. At this time, it started giving problem. I can't calibrate the TPS although the engine can be started. 

Thanks

On 3/14/2023 at 8:09 AM, Badrulhisham said:

Hi Adam,

Thanks

Hi Adam,

Any idea regarding the problems that I have ? My workshop also don't have any clue on this. What should I do next to check the ECU ?

Best regards,

Sham

Everything looks ok from what you have shown above.  Is the blue LED near the ecu plug on?  The only other suggestion I have is to power it up on the bench, connect 12V to pin A5 and ground to A34, then try to connect like that.  If still no luck then contact [email protected], I think it will need to come back to link for inspection.