VL RB30 cruise control with G4X plug n play

Kingy

Hey all,

I'm very new to the aftermarket ECU world so here looks like a good place for answers.

I got a VL Calais RB30T, running G4X plug n play, multi coil, manualised auto.

When the car was standard, the cruise control was intermittent, then wouldn't activate at all. It would power on, but not activate.

Now running the G4X can I run cruise control using the G4X and activated by the standard switch?

If so, how is this done?

Cruise control switch.jfif

I suspect the factory cruise control used a second throttle cable with a vacuum pot to pull on it and so was a completely separate system from the ECU.

You could theoretically wire up some extra inputs and an output to control the vacuum to the mechanical setup but the Cruise Control code in the ECU is setup to only work with E-Throttle so getting it to work would involve a very odd setup if it could be made to work.

Alternatively convert to electronic throttle.

Yer thanks Vaughan, correct with the second wire and vaccum pot which is still in the bay, just not connected.

I will suspect I will eventually go E-Throttle. It may remain on the to do list for a while.

Is there any reason why the standard setup wouldn't work as normal standalone from the G4X?

Many thanks.