RB30de

Speedy73

I have a Nissan RB30de with a Link G4X Atom ,it was initially setup as a wasted spark firing all coils and injectors at once. I would like to change it to semi sequential on both.

Do I pair the coils as per cylinder.  1-6, 2-5, 3-4.  Do I use ignition pins 1,2,3

Is it the same setup with the injectors.

Thanks.

Given you specified RB30de it wasn't distributer ignition, was it set to waste spark?

If injection was set to single point or multi point group injection and you want to move to semi-sequential injection then the attached section of help manual below should be the correct setup for you ( From Wiring Information > Output Wiring > Fuel Injector Drives > Injector Wiring).

image.thumb.png.13f88b0c031069aa89368f01c9aad38a.png

Yes it currently has individual coils from a early 1990s model v6 commodore they all fire at once on a wasted spark setup. I’ll be replacing the coils with rb25 s2 units and a new coil harness, also the new harness has power and earth wires, are they plugged into the ecu or battery and earthed.

Thank you.

562A7AB4-A744-408A-A568-A5E19F37BFD4.png

For the RB25 S2 coils in a waste spark configuration wire Coils 1 & 6 to Ign 1, Coils 2 & 5 to Ign 2 and Coils 3 & 4 to Ign 3. Power is ignition switched battery power (like the injectors and any idle solenoids), Ground is typically straight to cylinder head.

This ordering and wiring should be the same as your current setup when you look at how the Ignition leads are connected to the existing coils.

1 hour ago, Vaughan said:

For the RB25 S2 coils in a waste spark configuration wire Coils 1 & 6 to Ign 1, Coils 2 & 5 to Ign 2 and Coils 3 & 4 to Ign 3. Power is ignition switched battery power (like the injectors and any idle solenoids), Ground is typically straight to cylinder head.

This ordering and wiring should be the same as your current setup when you look at how the Ignition leads are connected to the existing coils.

Ok Thanks for that.

So the coils and injectors fire in a different order ?  Your above attachment has  1-5, 3-6, 2-4 for the injectors

9 minutes ago, Speedy73 said:

So the coils and injectors fire in a different order ?  Your above attachment has  1-5, 3-6, 2-4 for the injectors

Yes, the coils are paired by tdc so you are firing one cylinder just before tdc on compression stroke at the same time as the matching cylinder just before tdc on the exhaust stroke (and so it has no effect on that cylinder) whereas the injectors are timed so that the fuel is injected similar angles before intake stroke as explained in the top half of the above screenshot.