i88 Plugin Board for Evo 6 analogue input help

smashing

Morning everyone,

I've recently purchased an i88 plugin for my evo 6, and am having some trouble with establishing all the analogue inputs. Stupidly, I think I had been looking at the spec sheet for the i88 board and thought that I'd have 11 analogue inputs, 4 temp inputs etc, but at the moment can only see 5 analogue inputs, 1 of which is designated to MAP sensor only. I don't currently have the board at hand, but I am aware that I can buy an expansion lead which frees up a few more inputs, but just puzzled as to why I can only find so few inputs on an equivalent board (which just includes PnP).

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Julian

Hi Smashing,

If you check the pin outs for your ECU you have the following,

4 INJECTOR OUTPUTS

2 IGNITON OUTPUTS

8 AUX OUTPUTS

2 SPARE AUX IGNITION OUTPUTS

4 SPARE AUX INJECTOR OUTPUTS

4 ONBOARD ANALOGUE VOLT INPUTS

2 EXPANSION ANALOGUE VOLT INPUTS

2 ONBOARD ANALOGUE TEMP INPUTS

1 EXPANSION ANALOGUE TEMP INPUT

4 ONBOARD DIGITAL INPUTS

2 EXPANSION CONNECTOR DIGITAL INPUTS

1 ONBOARD KNOCK SENSOR.

Remember Analogue volt inputs can be used as analogue temp inputs with the use of a resistor in the circuit.

Not sure if this was the info you were after.

Regards

Dave.

post-1099-143450215581_thumb.gif

post-1099-14345021559_thumb.gif

post-1099-143450215599_thumb.gif

post-1099-143450215608_thumb.gif

Thanks for that.

I think it just about covers my question, as it illustrates that the analogue volt inputs only equate to 4 without the expansion connector. I was under the impression that there would be substantially more from reading the general i88 spec. Is there a reason why the i88 plugin has less than half the anologue inputs of the standard i88 board. I currently have TPS,Oil Pressure, Exhaust pressure and Lambda connected to the analogue volt inputs so it looks like I'll need to purchase the expansion connectors?

The other question I have is regarding the internal MAP sensor. I've set AN Volt 1 to Map, and chosen 4 bar as the Map sensor as that is what I've found on the website regarding type of internal map sensor; the values coming off it are extremely high, around double what I would expect. Would the internal map sensor need calibrating, as I was unable to find a way to do this? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks for that.

I think it just about covers my question, as it illustrates that the analogue volt inputs only equate to 4 without the expansion connector. I was under the impression that there would be substantially more from reading the general i88 spec. Is there a reason why the i88 plugin has less than half the anologue inputs of the standard i88 board. I currently have TPS,Oil Pressure, Exhaust pressure and Lambda connected to the analogue volt inputs so it looks like I'll need to purchase the expansion connectors?

Just to confirm what the i88 plug-in Evo 4 to 8 ECU (Version 1.3 PCB) has in the way on An Volt channels:

An Volt 1 - On-board 4.0 bar MAP sensor. This can not be changed.

An Volt 2 - Pin 90 - Air Flow Meter. You could use this for something else as the ECU does not use MAF.

An Volt 3 - Pin 84 - Throttle Position Sensor. Recommended to leave this as is.

An Volt 4 - Pin 76 - Narrowband O2 sensor. You could use this for something else (wideband O2 would be a good choice).

An Volt 5 - Pin 37 - Power Steer switch. This can not be changed.

An Volt 6 - On expansion connector

An Volt 7 - On expansion connector

An Volt 8 - Pin 73 - Factory MAP sensor. You could use this for something else as the ECU has an internal MAP sensor.

An Volt 9 - On expansion connector

An Volt 10 - On expansion connector

Including the An Volt channels on the expansion connectors this gives you up to 7 AN Volt channels that you can use for extra inputs.

The other question I have is regarding the internal MAP sensor. I've set AN Volt 1 to Map, and chosen 4 bar as the Map sensor as that is what I've found on the website regarding type of internal map sensor; the values coming off it are extremely high, around double what I would expect. Would the internal map sensor need calibrating, as I was unable to find a way to do this? Any advice would be much appreciated!

The plugin ECU will come with a 4.0 bar on-board MAP sensor. This is on An Volt 1. With the Key ON and the Engine OFF the reading should be 100 kPa (± 3 kPa) at sea level. The MAP sensor can be calibrated ± 5 kPa maximum off the ECU controls menu.

Scott