Using lug nuts as trigger teeth for speed source

MGV101

Without an easy way to install a trigger wheel/disc on my front wheels, I am thinking of using the lug nuts at the rear of my hub to read my wheels speed. However, with only 5 lugs per revolution, the resolution will be extremely low at around 3Hz at 10km/h.

I guess this should be "OK" for data analysis and traction control at high speed but is that enough resolution for launch control to work properly? or should I think of a better solution?

Thank you!

Edit:

Actually, after calculating the calibration value, seems like there isn't enough sufficient resolution in the calibration to give an accurate enough speed. With a calibration value of ~3, just an increase/decrease in the calibration by 1 would result in a 25%+ change in speed.........  The "Wheel Speed Correction" setting which should in theory allow me to find tune the speed is only availabe for Driving Wheel.

Thank you Adam! Yes looks like I have done the math wrong.

Calibration Number = (Number of Sensor Teeth / Wheel Diameter) * 31.83. Note that wheel diameter is in meters (m)

I was using cm instead of mm in my calculations.......