Speed limit by gear

DerekAE86

What would the best way to setup gear specific speed limiting?

Just for a fun idea I'm thinking about the situation of placing a limit on 5th, but allow that limit to be ignored if you're already over it when shifting into 5th.

So for example;
If you're in 5th, you hit cut as you approach 110km/h to prevent accidental cruise state over-speed.
But if you're in a lower gear you can exceed 110km/h and then shift into 5th while already over 110km/h and the limit won't apply until you drop below the activation point (say 10km/h lower) and then approach 110km/h again.

Thinking about it - I guess the easiest way to do it if you're only concerned about doing it for a single gear like my example would be create a Virtual Aux that "arms" the speed limit. So: Gear = 5th & Speed > 100km/h & Speed < 110km/h

Then use that to activate the speed limit which is set for 110km/h.

That way when you're in 5th and over 100km/h you've armed the limit and you'll hit it when you approach 110km/h.
But if you're in any other gear you'll pass right through the limit speed range without activating that Virtual Aux/arming the limit.
And if you shift into 5th at a speed faster than 110km/h it won't arm until you drop back under it.

I guess adding a start delay would be good too so it doesn't instantly activate when you drop under 110km/h if you're slowing down from a higher speed.