Traction Control Compatibility

PRIZED

I'm upgrading my ECU to a LINK G4X but I have Racelogic traction control fitted and I am wondering if they will work together.

This is from the traction control manual. "Ensure that the engine ECU does not utilise pulse width modulated injector signals which control limit the injector current, as this type of signal is not compatible with the traction control.

9 minutes ago, PRIZED said:

Ensure that the engine ECU does not utilise pulse width modulated injector signals which control limit the injector current, as this type of signal is not compatible with the traction control.

This says it won't work with peak and hold injection which won't change when moving from G4+ to G4X.

"pulse width modulated injector signals which control limit the injector current" are also known as "Peak and Hold" where current into the injector is limited to a large initial 'Peak' current and then held at a lower continuous 'Hold' current. If you are not using Peak and hold injection on your current G4+ Setup then you will not be using Peak and Hold on your new G4X setup. 

Given that your account says you have a 300ZX plugin your existing ECU won't have Peak and Hold Injection and your injectors won't require the use of Peak and Hold drivers so the injection driver type will not be an issue for you.